Responsible for the safe, efficient, and quality-conscious unloading and loading of liquid products from storage tanks, trucks, and vessels. Ensure the work being performed consistently meets or exceeds the supervisor's expectations, as well as adhering to published policies and procedures.
- Perform job functions necessary to safely and efficiently transfer liquid products, including:
- Line-up movements
- Load and unload tanks, trucks, and vessels
- Sample products in tanks and vessels
- Obtain and record product temperature and levels in storage tanks
- Perform all work in strict accordance with Environmental, Health, and Safety policies and procedures
- Perform all work in strict accordance with operating policies, procedures, checklists, and written instructions
- Climb tank stairs and gauge tanks, and operate valves and pumps
- Upkeep of assigned equipment or tools
- Perform any other type of terminal function as trained and instructed by the supervisor
- Open and close of various sizes 2" to 12"
- Perform miscellaneous clean up duties: e.g. collect trash, empty barrels, sweep, mop floors, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Terminal Supervisor
- Previous tank terminalling and marine experience is highly desired
- Must possess a valid NYS drivers license
- Operate forklift or other equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must meet and maintain certification for use of respiratory protective equipment as required by OSHA 1910.134
- Must be able to work within confined spaces at heights of up to 60'
- Demonstrate aptitude to execute customer orders, basic math computations, maintain necessary records, and an understanding of Top Tech software
- Must be fluent in English (read, write, speak) and possess written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
- Ability to adapt to changing work hours and shift
- Be able to obtain an FDNY fitness certificate once trained